Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Joy of Summer

June 8th, 2015

The Joy Of Summer

Most of our students are free from school for a few short months. Our entire Kelley Orthodontic office loves summer and the change of pace. I love seeing patients coming to our office with a smile on their face, a tan from being away from the classroom, and stories of their adventures. Our adult patients seem more relaxed and less stressed.
My best memories of summer centered around days with friends and family without an agenda. The fun was focused on the people we were with more than the activity of the day. Oftentimes, we did not know the day of the week. Each summer day felt like a Saturday.
I was blessed to get to spend significant time each summer with my grandparents. I attribute my close relationship with my grandparents to the extended visits over the summer. I encourage all of my patients to take the time to invest in the relationships of family. You will learn so much about yourself and how your story was put together.
Summer is also the time in our lives when we try new experiences. Learning to swim, sports and academic camps, road trips, new sites, overnight camps, and mission trips. Each of these opportunities provide incredible influence on our character development. Two of my favorite activities, water skiing and sailing, were initiated during my summers. 
This summer Kelley Orthodontics is trying something new. We are investing in local and international mission trips. We will be working at Opening Doors For Women in Need in our local Como neighborhood. In addition, several members of our team will be traveling to David, Panama to help children with dental needs and sharing the heartbeat of our practice with others, serving others right where they are and hopefully earning the right to be heard.
I wish each of you a joyful summer full of experiences which stretch you a little and provide loads of fun and relaxation. I look forward to hearing your stories at your next appointment.
Please check out our Facebook page about our summer contests.




No comments:

Post a Comment