Wednesday, August 12, 2015

NEW BEGINNINGS

New Beginnings

August provides a range of emotions for parents and students.  Transition from summer into fall is extremely hard.  As your orthodontist, I confess I am not a fan of the start of the school year.  I really enjoy the summer schedule, tan faces, little to no stress in the lives of our patients, and stories of summer adventures. 

Eventually, summer always comes to a close and the stress of school resumes.  My encouragement is to begin this year with a focus on embracing new classes, new teachers, and new challenges.  I am confident great opportunities will come your way.  Experiencing new opportunities will require work, determination, time, and encouragement from your friends. 

Each school year has its own set of blessings and burdens.  I often recall more of the burdens during my years of school than the blessings.  This is because I am confident the burdens along the way shaped me more than the blessings.   I love this illustration sent to me by a friend this summer.


We all make mistakes.  I encourage you to be quick to learn from yours, take responsibility, laugh at yourself, and apologize when needed. I like to think of a new school year as an opportunity to hit the "restart" button.  We all need a fresh start at times. Choose today who you want to be this 2015-2016 school year. What do you hope to accomplish?  Set your intention now to be that person and to reach for your goals (regardless of obstacles or past mistakes.)


Our family at Kelley Orthodontics looks forward to sharing this school year with you.  We look forward to what this year will bring.  We are confident great things are coming your way. Education is a privilege. Therefore, try to make the most of each school day.  Blessings to you as you embark on a new school year.  And remember, don't be afraid to hit the "restart" button along the way.

Dr. John Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment